Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Brag Moment

I just want to brag on my mom for a minute: she's a great example of how being a homemaker--far from squelching one's potential--can allow for the time and opportunity to use talents and gifts!

My mom is a fabulous photographer. She's always loved taking pictures, but recently has had more opportunities to do it on a larger scale as her gift has become recognized: photographing weddings, bridal portraits, engaged couples, graduation photos, children, and various other people and settings.

It's been neat to witness her gift gradually and naturally develop through the years. It began with taking pictures of family and an interest in geneology and scrapbooking. When I was little, she was a Creative Memories consultant for a time. Recently she has taken classes and apprenticed to professionals to learn even more, and is doing SO well!

The picture above is hers, and you can see other pictures she's posted on her blog here and here. And these are just her day-to-day normal-type pictures. I wish you could see her portfolios!

5 Comments:

Blogger Cherish the Home said...

Wow, that's a great picture! I've been enjoying your mom's blog lately. She's a sweet and pretty lady! (o:

4:53 PM, March 28, 2007  
Blogger Erin said...

Mrs. B, yes she is!:o)

1:07 AM, March 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! :) I wish I could...

Btw, I have also just linked to your Frugal Living Journal (love it!) website and blog and this blog. Would you consider adding me to your list?

1:10 AM, April 02, 2007  
Blogger Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

Awwww Erin, thank you for the sweet, sweet words of encouragement and for the link! I appreciate your support and for teaching me how to blog in the first place!! :-) Love, Mom

11:15 PM, April 03, 2007  
Blogger Erin said...

Aussietigger, I'd be happy to link to you! Thanks for linking and reading our sites...I'm glad you like them!:o)

Mom (Diane), you deserve more encouragement than I've given!

1:22 AM, April 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home