Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Valentine

I love Micah because:

~He's kind, tender, and unusually patient with me when I don't always deserve it:o)
~We like to be together. I don't get tired of his presence. Quite honestly, I'm miserable when I have to be apart from him for more than a matter of hours!
~I have a sense of security and peace when he's nearby
~He's thoughtful of others' needs and feelings
~He's my best friend


Micah came home with this beautiful gift for me last night:o)

I made this cookie cake for Micah this afternoon:o) Just don't pay too much attention to the icing artistry...I didn't have a real icing bag:op

I respect Micah because:

~He's willing to work everyday doing a job he dislikes in order to take care of us.
~He is working hard toward his dreams and doesn't give up!
~I look around at other guys his age and am amazed at how many of them act like they're still in college (or even high school!). Micah took on the responsibility of marriage at a relatively young age, and has shown a tremendous growth in maturity and responsibility over the past almost-four years. He's the provider for our family, and a wonderful, faithful husband. He's become much more willing to sacrifice to achieve important goals.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cherish the Home said...

Oh Erin, what a lovely post. I just loved reading your list. (o:

Your flowers are so beautiful! And you did an amazing job on the cookie!

8:40 PM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Mary Jo said...

Very sweet! The list was very nice...I might just copy you on my blog, and do a list about Ben. :o) We're not married yet, though. The flowers are lovely...great job on the cookie! I've never tried that before.

-Mary Jo

12:52 PM, February 15, 2007  
Blogger Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

We love Micah too!! It is a real blessing to see the sweet love you have for each other!! Erin, your cookie looked great and I bet it tasted even better than it looked...yummmmm. As far as the "real icing bag"... you really don't need one as long as you have a few basic decorating tips. (1/2 price sale @ Hobby Lobby great place to pick up tips supper cheap!!) Use a freezer zip lock bag... make a diagonal cut in one corner...insert your tip holder inside the bag set tip on holder outside the bag and screw on the ring that holds the tip securely in place...fill the bag with icing, expell all air and zip closed. Discard bag after use... fast and easy!! (Ashley didn't have a bag either for the cookie she made Casey...I passed this idea on to her as well :-)

2:05 PM, February 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home