Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Saturday, January 27, 2007

Our Home - Creative lighting:o)

This floor lamp was originally an ugly brassy color. (I prefer metals that are silver, black or white...anything but gold! That's just one of my things:op ) We were able to re-coat it ourselves with this pewter-colored coating very inexpensively. I'm sure that most metals can be re-coated for an updated look!
This "candle holder" is actually a plate. I received a set of four crystal dessert plates as a wedding gift. When one broke, I decided that there probably wouldn't be too many situations when I'd only need three dessert plates...so candle holders they became! There are so many different ways to use things...it's fun to try to think how they might be "re-purposed".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home