Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Friday, January 26, 2007

Our Home - Kitchen

I made these curtains out of an old bed skirt! It was super easy, because the ruffle was already there. I simply hemmed the edges, added ribbon, and sewed the bottom edge up in four places to create the scalloped look.
-
I also made the swag over the window as a Christmas decoration. I haven't taken it down yet because it brightens the kitchen up so much! What do you think...too Christmasy looking?

This is how I've expanded my kitchen just a bit. I placed this little island next to the counter. It provides a home for my crockpot, my potatoes, and my kitchen towels rolled up in the white bowl:o) The wire hanging baskets free up counter space and house more fruits and vegetables, like garlic and onions.

Thanks to Mrs. B, for this great idea to use a glass oil jar for dishsoap! Looks so much prettier than plastic!

The jars of strawberries on the window sill were made by mom many years ago. One of the jars contains strawberries made of cloth, and the other jar has strawberries made from painted walnut shells. Strawberries happen to be my favorite fruit, so I'm cheered by this little touch of red in my kitchen:o)

I bought this vintagey looking "Good Housekeeping" tin at an antique store. Makes me smile every time I look at it, and reminds me of what I'm striving for!

This is what happens when you don't have a pantry! I have to store a lot of stuff on top of the fridge that won't fit in my cupboards. But I try to keep it somewhat organized in the baskets from Ross:o)

I limit the stuff on my fridge to my shopping list and menu plan for the week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cherish the Home said...

The swag isn't too Christmasy at all! And those curtains are so lovely.....I can't believe you made them yourself!

And I adore your soap dispenser....such a pretty jar!

1:23 AM, January 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home