Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Married!

My beautiful little sister is now a married woman! And Micah and I are very excited to now have a wonderful brother!

The wedding went very well, with the exception of a few minor hitches (for example, Ashley's bouquet falling apart right before she was ready to walk down the aisle--my mom was able to somewhat put it back together with bobby pins. I also managed to take a major fall on the slick dance floor in front of everybody and have been quite sore ever since!) But despite these and other little problems, the evening was beautiful and sacred because of the presence of God and the absolute worthiness of the match. The intangibles that really matter in a good marriage were evident. It's apparent to everyone who meets them that Casey and Ashley are meant to be together. They truly bring out the best in one another, and share the same heart to love God and others. The only major thing wrong with their union is that they'll be living up north instead of here...but we're working on that one:o)

I'm excited to have a sister join me in the married state. I expect that it will be a connection on a new level, and will help to distribute the obligatory familial teasing more equitably;o) In fact, I'm going to make quite certain that she takes the brunt of the teasing for a while. Only fair.

The happy couple is currently honeymooning, but we'll get to spend the weekend with them before they head back home. A short period of time to squeeze in a lot of teasing...er, I mean visiting...but we're thankful for what we can get!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cherish the Home said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything went well!

I'm sorry you fell, that had to be both embarrassing and painful! (o:

2:16 PM, May 02, 2006  
Blogger Kelli said...

How wonderful for your family! Although no announcement has been made (yet) my little sister looks to be walking down the isle herself in the not too distant future. It's all very exciting!

3:53 AM, May 03, 2006  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks, Mrs. B and Kelleigh! Yes... falling WAS embarrassing!:op

Kelleigh...how exciting about your sister! Such fun to witness a sister fall in love, and then to welcome a new brother into the family!:o)

1:38 PM, May 03, 2006  
Blogger Samantha said...

Welcome back, Erin! I'm glad to hear everything went well with the wedding!

5:03 PM, May 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home