Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Next Tuesday

Was this written for me today?

Quoting...

Starting next Tuesday I'm going to praise the Lord like gangbusters. That's when my meeting in Harrisburg is over and I can exhale. How wonderful it will be then, the white-knuckling behind me and the joy in Christ before me. For now, I need to worry.

I'm going to rejoice in the Lord, I really am, but I cannot rejoice today. Today, all sleep-deprived, my goal is just to muddle through till bedtime when I'll catch a solid eight and be in shape to "reign in life" tomorrow. [...]

I said to Jesus, "Help me trust in Your unfailing love." And then I sank again into morbidity, to hunker down until such time as He saw fit to answer me. No rush, I thought. He is the Lord. What can I do until He acts?

A friend objected to my piety. Not "Lord, help me to trust in You" (quoth he) but "Lord, I trust in You! Yea, by Your grace I trust in You!" There's something psychologically different here, my chastened soul took note: The first prayer has a pious sound but never gets around to business, letting me postpone the joy it seeks a month or two, the meanwhile dithering in unbelief while waiting for divinity to bring me 'round robotically. The second prayer enlists the mind and soul and will, no more defaulting into foolish thoughts of Tuesday next...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This quote was a bit confusing,
But i understand the important parts i think.
If you wait to have a good attitude, it won't happen, and that's not the right thing to do.

If you say to yourself, Hey, Today is the day that the Lord has made, and i shall be glad in it.
Eventualy your flesh will get the idea.

A new outfit, or food or whatever can't bring you out fo a decrepid state for long.
You haven't learned how to cope.
You have to take the bull by the horns.
Think Integrity.
It's obtanible with much dicipline and putting aside self.
And the more you conquer the flesh,
the easier it will be.
It's a habit you CAN break.
When I see my husbands socks laying on the floor,
I don't get mad.
I get glad.
Why?
Becasue there are socks to pick up.
Enjoy appricate others and life one day at a time.
As Pollyanna would say, "Find something to be glad about"
that's my Motto.

3:18 PM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger Cherish the Home said...

Erin....I wish you'd update, even if it's just a little short one saying 'I'm ok.'

You've been in my thoughts quite a bit, I hope you're well.....(o:

1:44 PM, April 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Earth to Erin?
Helllloooooowwwaaahhh?
((((((((((ERIN))))))))

6:15 PM, April 20, 2006  
Blogger Lydia H. said...

This was a good reminder for me, especially today. Thanks for posting it.

9:14 PM, April 20, 2006  
Blogger Erin said...

Mrs. B...I'm fine:o) Thanks for your concern...you're so sweet! The past couple of days I've been spending a lot of time with my sister and trying to get some other stuff done at home. I hope to post again tomorrow!

12:39 AM, April 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, what am I? Chopped liver?
*rolls eyes*
Anyhow, Glad to hear you are ok, Erin.
I guess I am not with your "click" or whatever.
This is unfortunate.

I guess I'll move on.
Good riddance to me, Eh?

3:25 AM, April 21, 2006  
Blogger Erin said...

Hi Mother Bear...
I'm sorry that I've offended you...I certainly didn't intend to!

My sister is getting married next week and we are very busy preparing. So I have not had much time to blog or respond to comments over the last few days.

Mrs. B is a good blog-friend of mine, and when I checked my blog at almost 1am this morning and saw that she was wondering if I'm OK, I took a minute to answer her. I'm sorry that I did not have time to respond to every comment. I really appreciate comments and would like to be able to respond to everyone...but sometimes--like now--things get pretty busy and my internet time becomes almost nil:op

12:36 PM, April 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home