Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Before and After

When we got home from our trip to Arizona, the house looked atrocious. Christmas gifts without homes yet and half-taken-down Christmas decorations lay strewn around the living room, along with the remnants of an organizational project I had started before we left. The bedroom was flooded with the contents of our suitcases from the trip. The Study...don't get me started! This room had been a catch-all since we moved into this home, due to (I justified) a lack of sufficient storage space throughout the house. Stacks of papers and books and other items mingled with the dust on the floor.

Well friends...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I'm pleased to announce that I have made quite a transformation in my home over the past couple of weeks, and am attempting (so far successfully!) to maintain my clean home a little at a time by sticking to my schedule. I still don't have enough storage space, but this has been good motivation for me to get rid of everything I really don't need (save my most special keepsakes). Necessity breeds creativity...and somehow I have now found a place for (almost) everything! Despite my embarassment at the previous state of my home, I share these pictures in the hopes that they will encourage or motivate someone. At least your home doesn't look like this...?

Living Room - Before :o(

Living Room - After :o)


Study - Before :o(


Study - After :o)

5 Comments:

Blogger Cherish the Home said...

WOW, GREAT job, Erin!! Good for you! (o:

BTW I'm so happy that you're back to blogging!!

1:19 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Carrie said...

I'm impressed!! It's also nice to know that I'm not the only one whose house looks like a whirlwind hit it sometimes! :D Isn't it the best feeling of accomplishment when you've found places for everything and organized and cleaned?! I love your study--I have to say that looks like a very inspiring place to work! (In the second picture, I mean . . . LOL!) I also just love the hardwood floors and the fireplace in your home. You 2 are blessed to have such an adorable place to rent!!

We are currently working on getting Jim's office ready to move stuff into--it also has a hardwood floor, light-colored, though. Now we just need to find or improvise a large desk for it, and move things in. He's looking forward to getting it organized. Right now it is empty, but makes a nice place to set up the ironing board when I need to! :)

4:21 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Erin said...

Thank you, ladies:o) I can't even begin to tell you how glad I am to be able to take better care of my home now, and to actually have time to write! I have some non-blog writing projects I'm working on too, so I still have to try to be very diligent and not let myself spend too much time on here...though I really enjoy blogging:o)

Carrie, from the pictures of your home that I've seen, it looks REALLY nice! We enjoy this little rental home, but I have to say we're both really looking forward to the day when we can build our own home together! Then I can paint and change stuff around as much as I like:o)

11:41 AM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Samara said...

I love the before & after photos- it looks great! What a neat idea :)

6:59 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I used to have some of those before and after pics. Doesn't it make you feel sooo good to see the difference?

Thank you for your encouragment on my blog. I appreciate your comments.

6:29 AM, January 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home