Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Spaghetti for Dinner

I have this recipe simmering in my crock pot as I type! It's a wonderful recipe for homemade Spaghetti Sauce, originally from my Aunt.

Heidi's Italian Spaghetti Sauce

1 lb. Italian link sausage: remove skins, crumble in frying pan and cook with onion and garlic below
1 small onion
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
-----------------------------------------
Add into crock pot:
3 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
3 (6 oz) cans tomato paste
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup red wine
2 t. Italian Seasoning
1 can mushrooms (or fresh), optional

Add the cooked sausage mixture into the crock pot. Cook all day, stirring every hour or so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Mmmmm, this sounds yummy!! Thanks for sharing! It's so nice to see posts from you again--I have missed you! I was curious if you were able to quit your job as you had hoped? I am hoping so, since it sounds like you're home today! :)

Glad to hear you had nice holidays, and congrats to your sister on her engagement, as well! How exciting. Take care, and enjoy your spaghetti!

2:48 PM, January 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home