Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Happy Birthday, Mom!


November 23~

On this day before Thanksgiving, my mom celebrates her birthday. I just want to take a moment to share why I am so thankful for her!

My mother is not perfect, but to me, she is a true example of love for my dad, my sisters and I, and the many others that God has brought into her life. She and my dad have a special relationship. They absolutely LOVE being together, and are best friends. Because of her love for my dad, she is thrilled to be able to claim as her vocation the role of wife and homemaker. She will tell you that she thinks she has the best job in the world (and because of her example...I have to agree!)

My mother devoted a good part of seventeen years of her life to homeschooling my sisters and I. It wasn't always easy for her, but she never gave up. She wanted to do what she felt was right for her family, regardless of whether the world considered her odd or as "wasting her life." I am so thankful for all the time I got to spend with her over those years.

Mom, you did not waste your life. Your life has meant so much to many others, especially me. I can never thank you enough for the many gifts you've given me. Thanks for always being there, and for putting God and others first. I love you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this Post. I am getting weary in doing good!
I am having a heck of a time making my home manegement binder too!
With the holidays apon us, I am lagging behind!
I feel constantly tierd and bewildered!!
I have been a sourpuss, and my athsma is acting up. My Daughter can ask a million questions and keep on going!
I bet she could talk a hind leg off a mule!
She Reminds me of Anne of Green Gables. Full of Life and curious as a cat!
I seriously need to smile more like yopur beautiful Mommie!!!
PRAY FOR MEEE!!!!
-Jaime C.

4:12 AM, November 23, 2005  
Blogger Anne said...

Jaime,
Sometimes life can get overwhelming, but everything will work out in due time. Have you ever considered starting your own blog? Writing/posting can be a wonderful way to collect your thoughts and feelings and sort through them - making the daily things a little more managable. With your own blog you could have a neet little journal to collect your ideas and posts in one place, and we could read them all and respond too!

12:17 AM, November 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home