Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Loving Home

Hi Mrs. B, Carrie, Rene and everybody! Thanks for your comments. I really have missed blogging, but it was a necessary omission there for a while:o)

Yes, Carrie! I am FINALLY working at home full-time now! We are hoping (myself desperately so) that this can remain a permanent situation. I can't even begin to tell you HOW MUCH I'm loving it! I no longer dread my days but look forward to them:o)

I'm currently working on getting into a routine, and am putting together a workable schedule so that I can try to be diligent with my time. I'm setting aside part of each morning to household tasks, and then blocks of time for the home business I'm attempting to start. This business, right now, encompasses a lot of writing, so I'm trying to work on being focused! It's easy to let my mind wander, especially if I allow myself to go off looking at blogs and websites, etc. You guys just have too much interesting stuff to look at! Stop distracting me!;o)

Our 2nd car conveniently stopped working right when we got back from Arizona, so I am without wheels. Hence I have been asking Micah to take me out many of our evenings (Mostly we go peruse at Barnes and Noble...just returned from there, actually). We also go for walks every evening which has been a very positive habit for us. Hopefully we can get the car fixed soon so that I have a way to run errands, etc, during the day. Also, I could be helpful in instances like when my mother called me this afternoon asking me to pick her up because HER car had died on the side of the road! No mom, you have to sit there and wait for some gruff, burly towtruck driver to give you a ride to a safer location. Sigh.

Car troubles aside, I am immensely happy to have this opportunity to do what I've been dreaming about. I hope to make the most of it, and in the end, have good gifts to present to my husband: a happy wife, a beautiful home, and even a little help with the income. What could be better?

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Yay! I'm so happy to hear you are getting to stay home. I hope all goes well as you work at getting your business off the ground! I would love to hear more about it as things progress. :)

9:21 AM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger Cherish the Home said...

That's great Erin! I'm so happy for you. I hope your business works out so that you can stay at home.

On the car issue, we have only had one car for quite awhile and while it's definitely not as convenient you can get used to it and make it work. I know it can be hard at first, especially if you're used to having your own car to go whenever you want to, but it's not so bad once you get adjusted. Besides, the more you stay home, the more $$ you save. (o:

12:32 PM, January 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home