Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Soup Time

I made this recipe the other night, and it was just perfect for a cool evening! Pretty simple, too. I served it with a fresh green leaf salad.

White Chili

1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 boneless chicken breast halves, skinned, cut into small cubes
3 cups cooked white beans (great northern or navy, I used a can of each)
2 cups water
1 (4oz) can chopped green chilies (or to taste)
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
dash ground cloves
dash cayenne pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a medium kettle, over medium-high heat, add oil and onion, cooking until wilted; add garlic. Toss, then add chicken cubes, cooking quickly until tender and no longer pink. Add beans, water, chilies, tomato sauce, cumin, Italian seasoning, cloves and pepper, stir. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer about 1 hour. When ready to serve, sprinkle a little cheese over each individual serving.

Yield: 4 (1 1/2 cups) servings

From: Healthy Cooking For Two by Brenda Shriver and Angela Shriver, a little book I picked up for $1 at a used book store. It was nice to find something that makes smaller recipes, as I usually have to half them so as not to waste food!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this sounds so delicious! I'm going to try this tomorrow for dinner, thnaks!
-DaisyLou

10:32 PM, November 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin, My husband would say, "Where's the meat!" tehehehe!
Perhaps if I threw some ground chicken or turkey in, it would satisfy my meat loving hubbie? :o)

Here's to 2 pictures of me. In one I am sitting in a Chair at my Mother-in-laws House. The other one is on my wedding day at a justice of peace in Sugar land, Tx.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b52/mrscravey2005/?action=options

My Husband David and I Will be married 5 years January 16th. Our birthdays are next week. David-nov.8 Jaime-10th. I am 2 years older than him tehehe...but no one can tell. He will turn 26 and I will turn 28.
Can i ask you a personal Question Erin?
Why haven't you had any babies yet?
And are you using birth control?
When my husband and i got maried we were afraid to use the rhythem method.
and i never took the pill, shot, or whatever because of the fear it would abort and screw up my Body.
So, after 3 months of using "protection" God touched our hearts, and we concived Lilly. Immediately in fact.:o)
Right now, Unfortunately i can't have anymore Children. I was basicaly butchered by the Hospital sergion after they forced me to have a c-section. I hope God blesses you with lots of healthy happy babies!
Cordialy
-Mrs Jaime Cravey

7:44 AM, November 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home