Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Friday, October 21, 2005

Back From DC

The trip ended up being longer than I first expected, but I didn't have time to see much! I was working very stressful 12-13 hr days. I've told Micah I don't know if I can handle more business trips with this organization!:op

What a teaser. I had about an hour inside the Museum of American History...just enough time to rush through about half of the exhibits. The neatest things I saw were the REAL Star Spangled Banner, and the first ladies' dresses. They even have one of Martha Washington's gowns...I can't believe it's still preserved! I don't think I'd ever before seen a dress that old; at least one that is significant because of who wore it. I can't wait to return to DC and spend a couple days going through all of the Smithsonian museums...with Micah as my travel companion:o)

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

It's a bummer you didn't get to see more of DC, but hopefully you can go back for an actual vacation sometime. :) I remember being in awe of seeing the real Star Spangled Banner back in Jr. High. That is just so cool! Unfortunately I don't remember as much from that trip as I wish I did . . . but I do remember enjoying the Museum of American History and also the Air and Space Museum in particular. I hope we can go as a family someday, maybe for a homeschool field trip!

6:23 PM, October 22, 2005  
Blogger Jes said...

After visiting DC myself, I concluded that it would likely take a full month to really see all it has to offer. I'm glad you got to take in a piece of the Smithsonian. I myself really enjoyed the history museum (don't those dresses look small?). Hopefully when you return some time, you will be able to take in the National Gallery, Congress, and the White House. The Holocaust museum is also excellent.

12:55 PM, October 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home