Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Time for a Change?

Rene (Missynay's Musings) brought this up a while back on her blog, but I had already been thinking about it as well. She and I have the same blog template. We were both wondering if we should switch to different ones.

I like my template, because it feels like a journal; kind of old fashioned. But I'm wondering if I might not prefer something that is lighter, cheerier and easier to read. I'm afraid my template makes me always come across as serious, even if I want to have a little fun sometimes!

Maybe it's like getting a new haircut. You have to try a few different ones before you know what you like the best.

I don't know. I'm thinking about it. If you visit my site later and it looks a lot different, you'll know what happened!:o)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lydia H. said...

I have been thinking the same thing recently about my blog. Mine has several shades of pink and red. I like the colors but I'm not much of a "pink" person. I've only had my blog since May, but I'm ready for a change. Hey, maybe we should trade template designs? Just an idea. I did change the name of my blog and I plan to change my profile soon as it no longer truly reflects what I am currently doing and thinking. What I would really love to do is set up my own template design and select my own colors but I would need extensive help for that kind of project. Maybe I can get my computer savvy brother to work it out for me...

9:46 PM, August 24, 2005  
Blogger Carrie said...

You could always try something different and see how you like it, switching back if you change your mind! :) I personally think this one is really pretty, but there are a lot of other fun ones out there, too. I'm partial to my lighthouse one . . . but if they had a moose/lodge theme one, I would change in a minute! (My house has a lodge/cabin type theme, and I'm crazy about all things moose!) :)

By the way, I don't think the template makes you come across as too serious--thoughtful, yes, but I can still tell you have a lot of fun things to share, too. :) I think it would be cool if they made this template in various other colors, though--I think blue or green would be pretty (not bright, but muted tones). Or dark red . . . I wonder if there is a place on Blogger to suggest more templates/variations? I'll have to check.

9:24 PM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger Erin said...

Lydia, I like your template, though I'm not much of a pink person either:o) I would like something in light blue or sage green. Carrie, it's funny that you suggested those colors! Those are two of my favorites, and they are my "house colors":o)

I wish we could have some different options! I looked at all the ones on blogger and didn't find any I just loved. I might get my husband to see if it's possible to adjust them somehow.

10:19 PM, August 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home