Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Favorite Things File: "Pumpkin Spice" candles!

The fact that it's almost September is putting me in mind of Autumn. You see...I believe that seasons should run as follows (forget the arbitrary dates someone came up with!):

Summer: June, July and August
Fall: September, October and November
Winter: December, January and February
Spring: March, April and May

See? Nice and simple...and balanced!

Anyway, I have been thinking of the coming Fall--partly because I am longing for an escape from this heat! Nothing signals Fall to me like the scent of Pumpkin Spice. My mom has burned it every Autumn for years, and now I carry on the tradition. It is one of the yummiest smells in the world!

Yankee Candle Company makes a wonderful Pumpkin Spice candle, but there are also many (cheaper!) off-brands that are lovely too. Go candle-sniffing and pick out a great one to celebrate Fall:o)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I totally agree with you! Fall is my favorite season. I love the changing of leaves, cooler weather, pumpkins, etc. Pumpkin Spice sounds like a good candle to try.

4:08 PM, August 31, 2005  
Blogger LadyBoyd said...

I found a great pumpkin spice soy candle, too! Burns FOREVER. I have it in my kitchen and light it up... what a great fall scent! I found some pumpkin spice coffee to make at the same time... very comforting!

1:20 AM, September 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home