Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Sunday, August 28, 2005

Changes!

As you can see, dear hubby has helped me to customize my blog template:o) This color green is one of my favorites, and I'm excited about the new look!

I have also added a new link: Mark's Basic Training Journal, under my blog listings. Mark has been a friend of my family's for many years. He and I graduated from (homeschool) high school together, and he is one of my sister's best friends.

Mark is currently going through basic training, and his mother has been posting all of his emails on their blog. What I've read so far has been pretty informative, so I wanted to share it with you. I think it's so important for us as a nation to understand what our soldiers go through for us, and why. Of course, Mark isn't even in combat yet--and, Lord willing, won't have to go. But his attitude is one of willingness. We should all be so grateful for the sacrifices our troops make everyday for our safety. They didn't have to join.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I really like the new color! :) That's cool that your hubby could help you tweak the template! I also enjoyed checking out Mark's Basic Training Journal. It's so interesting to read all they go through, and gives me even more appreciation and respect for those who are willing to serve our country in the military. We know 2 brothers who completed Marine basic training within the past 6 months, and I know it brought them closer to God, as well. I thought it was neat to read how Mark was having the same experience.

I'm also sorry for all the difficult stuff you've been going through lately; hopefully this week will be better. :)

7:20 AM, August 29, 2005  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks, Carrie:o) I always love reading your comments. I think you have the gift of encouragement:o)

Hey...I like your new profile picture!

10:37 PM, August 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home