Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Thursday, May 17, 2007

Random Facts About Me

Mary Ann tagged me for this meme! (Yeah...it was kind of a while ago, but I AM finally getting to it!:op )

Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

1. I took ballet lessons for about eight years when I was little, but now cannot dance worth anything! (Oh well...at least it was a lot of fun for me then:o)

2. I like bananas, but I cannot eat them (unless they are mashed up like in banana bread, or cut into very small pieces like in a fruit salad). It's something about the texture. It makes me gag. (Lovely, I know!)

3. I remember when I bought my first car, gas only cost about 89-95 CENTS PER GALLON! (It wasn't even THAT long ago!) I really miss those days!

4. My first job (besides babysitting) was as a cashier at a small, local family-owned grocery store when I was 17. The family was proud of their German heritage. Every October, they had "Oktoberfest", when they would discount all the sausage and sauerkraut and play polka music non-stop. They made all the girl employees wear embarrassing (for me at the time:o) frilly German apron costumes, but the guys had it slightly better with just feathered hats!

5. I've taken a tour of the British parliament building, but never been to any of the DC governmental sites. I've been to London several times, but never to NYC. I'm looking forward to touring OUR OWN COUNTRY'S famous landmarks someday!

6. My ancestors first came to America in the 1600s, and some of them fought against the British in the American revolution. I'm a complete European mutt (Scottish, English, Irish, French, Dutch, etc.), with a little bit of Jewish thrown in.

7. My current favorite Starbucks drink is a Green Tea Frappuccino without whip. Just had one tonight! Mmmm.

I know this one has been going around the blogosphere for a while, so I don't know who's already done it! If you haven't yet and you want to...consider yourself tagged! And let me know if you do so I can come read it!:o)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ann said...

I'm with you on the gas prices. I could easily fill up my Neon for under $10 back in the late 90's. These days it's around $30.

9:29 AM, May 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home