Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I think my poor little blog needs a fresh post

I'm still around, as some of you know who have been following our other site, Frugal Living Journal! I'm just taking to heart the encouragement I received a while back that I shouldn't feel pressed to post something just to be posting. Perhaps a little bit too much to heart! :op

Since only posting every two weeks is kind of ridiculous, I suppose I need to become inspired a bit more often. It's either that or reevaluate continuing to post on this blog at all...but at this point in time I'm not ready to give it up! I enjoy having a place to write about anything I want...something that our topical website doesn't provide. So I hope you'll forgive me for the neglectfulness that unfortunately surfaces from time to time when life becomes busy. Please know that I always appreciate your readership and comments, even when I fail to respond to them in a timely manner! And for my part, I will try to become--at least a little bit--more timely:o)

Lately, I've been dividing much of my time between home projects (cleaning, cooking, organizing, etc.) and "frugal research." Yes...when you publish a frugality website, you must do research! But much of what I'm doing is stuff I would probably be doing anyway, site or no site. I'm researching and seeking to implement new ways to manage our resources better, and getting to share them with others is an added benefit! And yet, there's never enough time to do all I would like to in this area, as in so many others. Is life always this way? Too short and too full to accomplish my never-ending list of aspirations? Again, I marvel at the idea that homemakers could ever be bored.

Discussing this with Micah recently, he asked: "How did we do all this stuff when you were working full time?" I reminded him, "we didn't!" We rarely had home-cooked meals on weeknights, excepting eggs or spaghetti. We spent weekends (partially) cleaning the house and completing other projects and errands, which was frustrating since both of us just wanted to rest and have some fun time together! And forget a simplified, frugal lifestyle, or any type of serious organization. We were doing good just to get bills paid on time!

That was then, and I am so thankful for now...though I'm amazed at the way time just continues to slip through my fingers. Bored? Never! Could I please just get my time to stand still for even one day?

How do you moms do it, adding children into the mix? Despite the fact that mothering is about as time-consuming as you can get, I hope that God sees fit to give me that challenging privilege someday:o)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I think you have a lot to offer - I hope you will consider still having this blog. I really am enjoying your frugal blog as well!

Thank you, Lyn

10:01 AM, April 26, 2007  
Blogger Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

I agree with Lyn... don't give up on this blog!! Breaks can give refreshment and renewed focus... but I think it's wonderful for you to have a place to share your views, thoughts and "happenings"! You have such a gift with words...share with us! Love you! Mom

12:23 PM, April 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes we all need to just slow down.

Erin, I'm several years older than you (I'm 31), but I have to tell you - the posts on this blog are inspiring to me. Both my husband and I work full-time. We just got married, so have no children yet, but I hope that when we do, I will be able to stay at home. Because of both of your blogs (and others like it), we've been able to start our plan of transitioning from two incomes to one.

I'm not sure if that made sense, but suffice to say, I really enjoy your blogs.

Marianne

PS: If you need more inspiration, I would love to learn more about your homeschooling experiences.

2:04 PM, April 26, 2007  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

I love both of your blogs. And your mom is right-you have a way with words. I love reading your writings.:-) I do understand the way that two blogs work, though, I tend to leave one for a while and focus more on the other-it's difficult for me to keep both new and fresh all the time.:-)

5:48 PM, April 26, 2007  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks everybody! I PROMISE I wasn't fishing for your kind words, though I'll take them:o) I was just trying to explain what's going on with the blogging and with life right now. I'm glad you guys understand!

Like I said...I don't feel ready to give up on this blog right now. I think I would really miss it if I did!

Marianne, I'm SO happy that our blogs are helping you make the transition home! When we made that transition, I found some of my greatest encouragement and support from certain blogs as well!

10:23 AM, April 27, 2007  
Blogger Kimi Harris said...

Hi Erin,
I just wanted to add that I have missed your posts the last few months. I know that other duties call, but I do miss reading your posts. : )

4:05 PM, May 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home