Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Blogger's Block...

...I've got it bad. Lately I've been wondering if, after more than a year of blogging, I've run out of things to say! (Can it be possible?;o) Or maybe I've got things to say, I just don't know if anyone will be interested in them. Or maybe I've got interesting things to say, I just don't have the motivation or mental willpower to sit down and write them out. Whatever the cause, I'm well aware that my blogging stinks lately:op

I'm in awe of these women who efficiently crank out daily blog posts without fail. For me, writing can be a joy...but boy, is it an agonizing, hard-won satisfaction. I can usually only conjure up a half-decent piece after much mulling and musing and revising and cliche-plucking. And let's not forget the weeping and knashing of teeth. Aahh...the Perfectionist at work. (Oh, and please don't go looking for those cliches, because I have no doubt you will find them!) In order to go through all of that, a topic or idea has to grab my brain and not let go until I have been dragged through the gauntlet. Perhaps now you know why writers have often been described as "tortured"...they were perfectionists!

Ok, enough rambling! I'm tired and must go to bed now...I just wanted to let you know where I'm at. I'm here, just waiting on some inspiration to take hold. And in the meantime, trying to focus on the earthy, homey, wifey type things that help keep me grounded and give my mind a rest.

P.S. Along with being a bad blogger, I have been a bad comment-responder. I'm truly sorry, and will try to get back with it very soon!

P.S.S. Thanks for your sweet concern about Peaches. After being on medicine, she seems to be fine now...we hope! The weekend she was in the doggy hospital she had been throwing up non-stop and was on the verge of becoming dehydrated. We never really figured out what was wrong with her, but hypotheses have ranged from tonsillitis to swallowing a hairball. Yes...our dog likes to eat weird things. Don't ask me where she found the hairball!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still check your blog often and love it to bits! Have you thought about just doing a simple series on a week in the life of you, or getting your readers to ask questions/suggest topics?

3:09 AM, August 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erin!

I just wanted to encourage you, readers seem pretty amiable, in general, about reading half-baked entries that are little more than daily ramblings ... er, at least my readers, LOL. So please, don't feel any pressure to come up with the perfect post. Sometimes just bringing up an idea - but leaving the conclusions hanging - is all you need to do. :) I've enjoyed the little peeks into your life as you've blogged.

Mostly lurking, Kim

1:06 PM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger Kristen said...

Erin, don't feel pushed to post daily. Post when YOU feel like it. I've seen lots of bloggers go through a "honeymoon phase" of daily posting (that they truly enjoy), but when something comes up in their lives, or when they get Blogger's Block, they feel guilty. Don't. (It happened to me, too.) Some quit blogging altogether, when they really just could have taken a break and then returned at their leisure!

Your readers will be here; we love you and we always want to hear what you have to say, on YOUR (and God's) timetable.

((HUG!))

2:05 PM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger Samantha said...

Glad you (and your pup) are okay!

I go throught this with blogging. Sometimes I'll go a month without posting. Other times I get carried away and spend way too much time on the computer. Life happens, don't feel bad!

3:06 PM, August 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home