Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Monday, July 10, 2006

Work, blogging, togetherness, etc.

I find that it's usually better for me to write in the evening, rather than during the day. Evenings are better suited to relaxing and reflective activities such as reading and writing, whereas when I try to do those things during my daytime hours, other important "active" tasks can be easily neglected.

Lately, I have been trying to focus on my homemaking and home business jobs during the day when Micah is away for his job, and postponing blogging and other writing. But since my husband needs to spend a lot of his evening time on the computer (work/business-related), and the rest of the evening we spend together, my access has been limited.

Not for long!:o) This weekend, our business was able to pay cash for a second computer, which should arrive in the next couple of days! Now Micah and I will be able to work "together" on our business, or be together when we are both doing computer-y things! I am so excited! We both use a computer for so much of what we do (Micah's job, our business, my writing, etc.), and have always had to take turns working alone. Now we will be able to work "together", even when we're each focusing on separate projects. I think that's what I'm most happy about. I like being close to my hubby and spending time with him, even when we've got work to do:o)

P.S. Oh...and no, we don't work ALL the time! We just have a weird, flexible, often-late schedule. Many times we do most of our work during the late mornings/afternoons/part-of-the-evenings. We also stay up way too late most nights. I keep thinking that we should get on an earlier schedule (it just seems like "the thing to do"), but we're both naturally night-owls and it's SO HARD!!! *sheepish grin* :op

4 Comments:

Blogger Cherish the Home said...

"whereas when I try to do those things during my daytime hours, other important "active" tasks can be easily neglected."

I find this to be true as well. I think I need to aquire some of your discipline and stay off the computer most of the day!

Congrats on the second computer!! I'm so happy for you! (o:

I've missed you Erin....

3:41 PM, July 10, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

We recently got a second computer as well for my husband's work in the evening. It's been soooo nice to have access to my computer in the evening for reading and writing up posts. We're naturally night owls too so it's hard to have the discipline to go to bed on time. Now that I'm working on an earlier morning schedule (meaning up before my children) I'm going to have to work harder at getting to bed on time :)

8:33 PM, July 10, 2006  
Blogger Susan Godfrey said...

Congratulations on the new computer! Both my husband and I have one set up in the living room. WE love being able to get our work done, yet still be in the same room with each other...plus not having to share one computer is really nice!

8:25 AM, July 11, 2006  
Blogger Erin said...

Mrs. B...you're SO sweet! Thank you:o)

Amy, I don't know what I'll do when/if the Lord blesses us with children! I guess maybe by then, I'll be so tired at the end of the day that it will be easier to fall asleep early;o) Hopefully?

Hi Susan...Thanks! I just hope I can keep from distracting him;o)

11:52 AM, July 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home