Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I'm about to die!!!

Ok...so that statement might be just a wee bit melodramatic:op But I am seriously considering having a good screeching fit.

Due to a mistake on our internet company's part, we have been moved back in the que to get our high-speed back on Friday (instead of yesterday, when we were originally told we would have it). I realize that I am probably acting like a spoiled brat to be complaining about having to use dial-up service, however, our current side-business is highly dependent on the internet. Tasks that take me 45 min-1 hr with high-speed have been taking me entire mornings and afternoons this week with dial-up. It just feels like such a waste of time! And it leaves me a lot less time (and inclination) to do things like read and ponder issues and write and post blog entries...not to mention keep up with the house and cooking and grocery shop and chase after the dog. In short, the well-being of our entire household depends partially on the speed of our technology. Wow, that sounds so nerdy...and pathetic:op

Alright, fine. Enough venting. Stiff upper lip. I'm sure the blogging world can survive without me for a couple more days, and I hope to return soon with the new appreciation for my blessings that deprivation for a period confers:o)

4 Comments:

Blogger Cherish the Home said...

I completely understand Erin! While on vacation we had to use dial-up and it is just NO FUN!

I miss you!

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

2:34 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger Cherish the Home said...

I linked to this post because everyone has been talking about being addicted to reading blogs so I told them I found the solution.....dial-up internet access! LOL

If I didn't have high-speed my blog reading and commenting would be cut waaaay down!

4:06 PM, June 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nightmare. I'm sure I wouldn't cope with dial up now!

3:00 PM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Carrie said...

Erin, this post made me giggle! :) I can see how frustrating this would be for you, though.

We're still stuck with dial-up out here in the boonies. :) Actually, I think we could get high-speed with cable, but it's expensive and we're not sure if we want it THAT bad. And I don't think DSL has made it to our neck of the woods yet, but we'll have to do some checking into that. I would love to have high-speed; besides the convenience for the internet, it would also be nice to free up our phone line.

Hope you get your high-speed back soon!! :)

4:34 PM, June 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home