Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Thursday, March 02, 2006

A Market Lunch

This is a picture I took of one of the best meals I've ever had. Simple--yes. But fit for royalty because of the freshness and flavor!

I was in Florence, Italy with two friends. Early one afternoon, we decided to visit one of the local markets. Everything looked SO good, we decided to put together our own little feast for lunch. We pooled together a few euros and bought fresh bread, cheese, pesto, and some of the best fresh tomatoes I've ever tasted. From this, we made simple sandwiches. We also purchased a few tubs of fruit.

This meal was not excellent because of the time or fuss that went into preparation. It wasn't overly expensive. It needed no dousings of grease or salt to make it pop with flavor. The only secret was the freshness and quality of the foods. I believe we can attain these, if we learn how, whether in Italy or Walmart-land USA:o)

2 Comments:

Blogger Cherish the Home said...

When my husband and I were in Italy we visited Rome and Florence...we both liked Rome but it was very busy, however we fell in love with Florence!

3:14 PM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Erin said...

Mrs. B- I LOVED Florence! Rome was very interesting, but Florence was romantic:o) One of my big dreams is to go back with Micah someday.

7:23 PM, March 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home