Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Monday, February 27, 2006

Blessings

We now have a washing machine!!!:o) No more trips to the laundromat! (We already had a dryer) Funny how such a little thing can make me SO happy!:o) We got it from my parents, who are purchasing a new one. It's twenty years old, but IT WASHES CLOTHES! Yay!

I have going washing-crazy today, washing things I've been putting off...shower curtains, rugs, blankets and comforters along with the regular clothing loads. I even washed all of my hand washables (that have been sitting on my closet floor for months) while I was at it. Needless to say, I'm feeling very productive and proud of myself;o)

In other good news, Micah's job situation (doing building inspection) is looking up. He's finally getting passed through his job training a little more quickly. Last week, he got the go-ahead on a type of job he's been training on for months! The fact that it was taking so long to get passed (due to the perpetual unavailability of the supervisor to meet with him) was becoming a real trial for us. Now that he's passed on more types of jobs, he has more work and better earning potential:o)

Thanks to everyone for the great discussions over the past several days! It's been good to try to think through these issues. Consequently, my mind has been buzzing lately with these and all the other things I've been thinking about, and I have lots of posts in my head that need to be let out! Hopefully very soon. Right now, I've got to start thinking about making dinner...

3 Comments:

Blogger Cherish the Home said...

Oh Erin....I'm so HAPPY for you! I sure do remember the days when we were first married and having to go to the laundromat and the subsequent excitement over purchasing our first washer and dryer! I do have to say though that both my husband and I remember our laudromat days with fondness(although NEITHER of us would want to have to do it again!) because we'd do the laundry together (those baskets are HEAVY!!)and we'd play silly, childesh games with each other like 'rock, paper, scissors' and silly stuff like that.....every once in awhile one of us will bring up those early years when we had nothing but each other and yet we couldn't have cared less....because we had each other... *sigh* What a blessing when you are married to the love of your life....isn't God good!?

ps. I REALLY enjoyed the discussion these past few weeks with you Erin, and all the ladies who participated. Everyone had such good thoughts to contribute!

5:02 PM, February 27, 2006  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh yay for a washing machine!! :) I totally understand your joy! :) We had a small-tiny-fit-in-the-cupboard-of-an-apartment machine when we first got married which was good because it was handier than the laundromat but it meant washing every single day and when we were given DH's parents old machine that was 8kg(17lb) capacity I thought I was going to never be able to fill it!! Lol....

Enjoy the "washing machine moon!"

5:40 PM, February 27, 2006  
Blogger Carrie said...

Yay, Erin!!! I can relate very much because we lived without a washer for 2 1/2+ years while we were in our trailer, before moving into our house. During that time, I was blessed to be able to use my mom's washer and dryer (my parents lived just a couple miles away), but it still took up a lot of time to have to do it away from home! However, in other ways it was so nice because I got to spend some nice time with my mom, and Sam got to have a lot of special "Grammy" time, too. Anyway, when we moved into our new house, with our very own washer and dryer, it was the most amazing feeling to be able to do laundry whenever I wanted to!! I am still loving it! And having it all on the same floor is great, too. :) Sam loves to help me lug the laundry basket in there, and load up the washer and dryer for me.

I'm so happy to hear about Micah's job progress, as well. Very exciting!! Sounds like your week is off to a happy start! :)

7:32 PM, February 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home