Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Monday, February 20, 2006

God fixed our car for $20

I mentioned earlier that our second car was broken and has been out of commission for the last several weeks! We figured it was the breaks, because it made a horrible screeching sound when we tried to drive it. We had no idea how much money it would take to fix, but I was envisioning hundreds of dollars. (I tend the think of the worst, because when our cars break, it usually seems to be something very bad and expensive! And our second car, the civic, unfortunately has a terrible history!)

Well, this time, God surprised us with a very affordable solution! Our next door neighbors (a couple we don't yet know very well at all) came to us, said they noticed that we hadn't been driving our one car recently, and offered for the husband to look at it for us. Apparently, he's a professionally trained mechanic. Not only did he figure out what was wrong right away (the break pads needed replaced, and a few parts needed oiled), he took Micah to one of the mechanic shops he manages and got Micah his employee discount on the parts. He then installed them for us for free. Total cost: $20.00. We are so thankful for God's provision, and our neighbors' generosity!

6 Comments:

Blogger Cherish the Home said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

2:56 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Hazel Donovan said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
cash for cars toowoomba
cash for cars gympie

8:44 PM, June 27, 2021  
Blogger Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for cars gold coast
cash for cars caboolture

9:32 PM, June 27, 2021  
Blogger Metalbiz said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
cash for cars
metal recycler brisbane

10:22 PM, June 27, 2021  
Anonymous apluscarremoval said...

Great Article! Thanks for sharing these types of article are very helpful for us! Are you tired of your old, rusted car taking up space in your driveway or garage? Do you want to get rid of it but don't want to spend a fortune on towing or disposal fees? Luckily, you can have your car removed for free! In this article, we'll discuss everything you need to know about free car removal, including what it is, how it works, and how to take advantage of this service.

10:25 AM, April 10, 2023  
Anonymous cashforcarsnsw said...

I like your post, if you know about my blog so, read about it.We buy any car Sydney is a phrase that suggests a car buying service in Sydney that is willing to purchase any type of car, regardless of its make, model, or condition. This type of service can be convenient for individuals who are looking to sell their car quickly and without the hassle of negotiating with potential buyers. If you are in Sydney and considering selling your car, you may want to research companies that offer this service to see if it's a good fit for you.

11:32 AM, April 10, 2023  

Post a Comment

<< Home