Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Thursday, February 16, 2006

Our Wedding #1


OK...for those of you who requested to see these...and also in honor of the fact that today is Micah's and my official "half anniversary" (You know...like half birthdays? Today makes exactly 2 1/2 years since August 16, 2003:o): Here are some of our wedding pictures.

In trying to protect the privacy of our family and friends who may or may not want their pictures on the internet, I'm not posting any of our bridal party. We each had four attendents. The girls wore light blue dresses and carried pink roses. It was an evening ceremony, 7:30 pm.

Oh, and these aren't the fixed up versions of the pics, but they're all I have for now! (We weren't thrilled with our photographer's pictures, but thankfully my mother is a great photographer herself and is planning to pretty these up using photoshop at some point. I can't wait to see them when they're done!:o)

As bride and and groom

My Dad walks me down the aisle

My dress (it's bustled in this picture, which is why it sticks out a little bit funny! :o)

2 Comments:

Blogger Sew Chic said...

I love your dress! It is SO pretty... and unique. I love the way the lace forms the shoulders and sleeves. Most wedding dresses nowdays have almost identical bodice designs--strapless. I'm making my dress for my wedding in March...it's been a lot of fun.

I've never commented before, but I love your blog and read it fairly often. You are in a stage of life that I'm getting ready to enter...I hope I have the same joy and vision you have to be a Godly wife!
Jessica

3:15 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Erin said...

Jessica-thanks for reading my blog, and for introducing yourself! You made me curious, so I went on your site. Wow...what project! I can't imagine making one's own wedding dress! But yours looks beautiful. I especially liked the back.

Oh...and I think it's wonderful that you and your mom share an interest you both have such talent in, and that you have a blog together! My mother sews, but I'm such a novice. I would love to work on that skill.

11:21 AM, February 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home