Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Thursday, February 16, 2006

Blogger Categories

Hi Erin,
I have a blogger blog as well, and I'd like to know how you were able to add categories. Do you mind posting a brief explanation of how this is possible in Blogger?
Emily

Sure, Emily! Blogger doesn't currently offer a categories feature, but some creative people have figured out some ways to use the Blogger search engine to generate categories for your blog. Here's a link that discusses how to generate Blogger categories automatically. I tried it, and it worked for me on NEW posts. However, I couldn't get it to work on any of my old posts, which I really wanted to categorize. (I don't know if I was doing something wrong, or if it just isn't possible! But I spent enough time messing with it and didn't want to waste any more time.)

So: I did it the hard way, and manually added my post links to individual category webpages that I then linked back to my main blog. I used a web domain that I own. The hardest part was getting all the old posts categorized, but I'm hoping that it won't be too much trouble to go in an update every couple days.

If anyone knows of other good ways to categorize in Blogger, please share!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

No problem!

11:29 AM, February 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home