Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Are you a Crunchy Con?

I listened to Rod Dreher, author of the book Crunchy Cons, on the Michael Medved program this afternoon while I cleaned my kitchen. While I didn't agree with everything he said (for instance, I'm not against the death penalty and while I don't like big box stores, I do shop there to save money, etc.), I was fascinated by the topic. I've always felt that the liberal conception of conservatives as fat, greedy, gas-guzzling, french-fry chomping, anti-intellectual bores didn't quite fit many of the people I know! In fact, I feel quite at home at a Barnes & Noble or Whole Foods store, am currently considering joining a produce co-op, like to make my own granola and bread from whole wheat that I grind myself, plan to homeschool any future children, and if my husband and I ever get our dream of building a house out in the country, we will be checking into solar power:o)

Crunchy Cons (picking up organic vegetables in your National Review tote bag)
Crunchy Con Manifesto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home