Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Monday, May 21, 2007

Announcement!

Quoting from a post I made on our other website, Frugal Living Journal...

Sometimes you begin something and realize that it's turned out to be more of a challenge than you expected. At least that's what's happened with Micah and I and our online ventures!

After some discussion over the past couple of days, we've decided that Micah needs to preserve his time for focusing on his income-earning businesses/job. I, on the other hand, need to be able to streamline my online ventures. With all I have to keep me busy at home and other writing projects I want to be able to do, I really don't have the time to spend on multiple online projects right now...at least of the kind that require consistent creativity and originality!

We've decided that I will combine my two websites (this one and my personal blog) into a new website/blog, which will center largely on homemaking and domesticity, with emphases on creativity, beauty and frugality. I'll still share all about our attempts at living frugally and the things we learn doing so, but--considering the other emphases I mentioned--you may find the new site to have a decidedly more feminine approach. (I actually tried to restrain much of that while writing for this site, in an effort to keep things more "gender-neutral";o)

So that's the deal! I've learned that I can't spread myself too thin...better to have one (hopefully) decent site than multiple mediocre ones:o)

Unfolding Moments began two years ago as a sort of personal journal/place to write about my interests. Largely, I think I began it as a way to connect with other ladies who were doing what I wanted to do but couldn't at the time! (Be a full-time homemaker/work from home.) It was almost a survival technique...a way to live vicariously:o)

Now that I can live out my dream, I really want to focus in on doing that well. I want my new site to focus on all the aspects of living out my chosen career (As my site, it will probably very much reflect my own personal "homemaking flavor"! I think there many flavors, so many opportunities for sites to express them!:o) I want to celebrate the opportunities for personal and creative growth that homemaking can provide, as well as the opportunities to give of ourselves to our families and others. I also hope to encourage other women with the same dreams that they can get there too...the same way I was encouraged:o) I know I could probably just keep writing here on Unfolding Moments, but I really think I'd like a fresh start. (However, I do plan to transfer my favorite posts over to the new site:o)

So, the plan is to leave this site open for a bit, while I get the new one going. I'll let you know all the info. when I do!

6 Comments:

Blogger Cherish the Home said...

How exciting! It's nice to start 'fresh' sometimes.

I eagerly await your new blog. (o:

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

3:08 PM, May 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading your new combined blog : )

Trixie

5:41 PM, May 21, 2007  
Blogger wendybirde said...

Hi Erin,

I'm looking forward to it too : )

Paix,

Wendy

12:34 PM, May 22, 2007  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks everybody! I'm hoping to have it up by the end of this week...we'll see!:o)

1:50 PM, May 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,

I just want to say (again) that I've found both of your blogs to be an inspiration. I can't wait to read your new one!

Marianne

2:53 PM, May 25, 2007  
Blogger Heather said...

Exciting! I am a new blogger and am wondering how you get started. How do you get people to read your blog at first? How do you get traffic on your site? How do you make a website? I'm very new at this... I apologize for such amature questions. Check out my blog at healingtruth.blogspot.com. Some of the topics may be of interest to you. Thanks!

3:31 PM, June 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home