Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Friday, January 27, 2006

A Sunny Treat

Last night, Micah and I enjoyed this Orange Julius recipe. I had never tried one before until I met him, but his family has been making them for years. They are delightful! The key to a great Orange Julius is squeezing your orange juice fresh!

  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 cup squeezed orange juice
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla or more to taste
  • Ice (as much or little as you wish to acheive the desired texture. We use about one ice cube tray's worth)

Mix in blender until ice is crushed. This recipe makes two gigantic shakes or four medium-sized ones:o)

P.S. I just realized that for some of my Northern readers, a shake recipe is not very apropos for January. Sorry, folks...we've been having rather warm weather here ourselves, so I sometimes forget! ;op Just copy and save the recipe for summer! You'll love it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Rene, I hope you enjoyed the recipe!

I know, I love seasons too! But I have to admit that I can take only so much cold, so Texas suits me in about January-March pretty well! I'll take the cold weather and snow up through Christmas (because it's festive and very seasonal!), and then let me be warm again:o)

1:22 PM, February 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home