Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Monday, December 18, 2006

What's it all about?

This is the most excellent explanation I've ever read concerning what the purpose of our blogs as Christian women should be. Written by Mrs. Chancey about her site Ladies Against Feminism (which I recommend), it wonderfully lays out "the background" behind a biblical view of womanhood (including scripture references), allays common misconceptions about that biblical view, and (though perhaps indirectly) provides encouragement to other bloggers and writers as to how to view our mission as witnesses of Christ both online and offline.

As many Christian women have experienced, it can become wearying to be constantly mischaracterized in our beliefs. Thank you, Mrs. Chancey, for giving such an honest and substantive glimpse of what we're really (or should be) all about!

Read here.

8 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

That was really good and well worth the read.

8:33 PM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Tan said...

Hi Erin
Nice to have you back! I love LAF which may seem strange since I work full time out side the home and only have 1 child and am not a regular church goer. But, home is where my heart is and I get an awful lot of ideas and enjoyment out of Lady Lydia's entries.
Hope you and Micah and your folks have a wonderful Christmas, what temperature is it over there? It's going to be 35 degrees celcius here, but Christmas Day is looking cooler. Sorry, Ive rambed on a bit here!
Tania

2:36 AM, December 20, 2006  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks, Tania:o) I don't think it's strange that you love LAF! When I was working outside the home full-time, I still liked to go to LAF and other sites to get encouragement and read about the things that mattered to me. Like you said...my heart was at home, so that's what I was interested in reading about:o) I also really appreciated the practical help at sites like LAF and Crystal's blog that helped me be able to get back home eventually.

Hmm, I don't know what temperature it is in celcius, or how to do the conversion, but this week and part of last week has been in the 70s fahrenheit during the day! (that's the perfect comfortable temperature, but not very Christmassy!:op) Before that we had a cold spell that was about as cold as it ever gets here in TX...down into the 20s (f), below freezing, at night. That's TX weather: if you don't like it, just wait a few hours, because it changes so often!

I am looking forward to my whole family being together for Christmas at my parent's home. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas as well!

1:05 PM, December 20, 2006  
Blogger Erin said...

Samantha...Merry Christmas to your husband and you...your first one as husband and wife!:o)

1:08 PM, December 20, 2006  
Blogger Samantha said...

Merry Christmas to you and Micah as well!

8:53 AM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Cherish the Home said...

Merry Christmas Micah and Erin! (o:

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

12:48 PM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Christine said...

I just read that article and I love it. Thanks for referencing it. Have a wonderful Christmas!

9:00 PM, December 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! :-) We're gonna miss you guys too! I'm sure it won't be the only time we'll be down there...maybe we'll be able to get together another time...:-) How was y'all's christmas?

2:25 PM, December 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home