Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Sunday, October 02, 2005

Our Home

My entry-way, dining room and music room:o)


Living Room


Fluffy thinks this sofa is hers



I like the things in my home to mean something. That glass jar on the hearth contains dried rose petals from all the roses Micah's given me. The hearth broom is one that my Grandpa and I made together (He's a real craftsman--also does carpentry, black-smithing, and just about everything).
Both the dresser that the TV is sitting on and the end-table beside the couch are finds we picked up on the side of the road (they had a sign on them saying FREE, so we helped ourselves!) I sanded them down to give them a distressed finish. I still have to buy new drawer handles because I didn't like the originals...so right now there aren't any:o)

7 Comments:

Blogger Jes said...

It's amazing what you can do with "found furniture" isn't it?

12:44 PM, October 03, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the photos....hope we get to see more of the house and you guys!

6:29 PM, October 03, 2005  
Blogger Erin said...

You can never have so much fun with store-bought furniture as you with the pieces you have to "fix up":o)

8:23 PM, October 03, 2005  
Blogger Carrie said...

Your home is so cute and cozy! I love that it has a fireplace!! I've always wanted not, but my hubby didn't want to put one into our new house because "they're not efficient" or "they let too much heat out" . . . or something like that. :) Yeah, but they ARE romantic!! So enjoy it while you have one!

10:39 AM, October 05, 2005  
Blogger Carrie said...

Oops, that was supposed to say, "I've always wanted ONE"--where is my brain, and why don't I ever remember to proofread?? :D

10:41 AM, October 05, 2005  
Blogger Erin said...

Thank you, Carrie! I always wanted a fireplace too, and this is the first one Micah and I have had in a place we've lived together. I'm very impatiently waiting for cold weather so we can use it!

11:22 PM, October 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erin, thanks for your nice comment on my blog. (I responded a little more in my comments section and will likely be writing a bit on issues women facing around the globe.)

Your home is just beautiful! You clearly have a great flair and sense of style!

9:55 PM, October 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home