Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Irenteinstg

I learned to read using phonics, not the "whole language" method or whatever they called it...but I still got this right away! Maybe I'm so used to reading now that the unique elements of all the common words are imprinted in my brain?

The phaonmneel pweor of the hmuan mnid: I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearcr at Cmagbride uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers of a word are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcsuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

From: Wild Blue Yonder, Aug. 05

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

dawnemichelle...
Thanks for letting me know about that website! I saved it in my favorites so I can go look at it more in-depth later. I do hope to homeschool my own children someday...or at least do some type of "hybrid schooling" where I am still very much involved in their educations. There's a really neat- looking classical Christian school in our area that follows the university model...so the kids only go to classes a couple days a week, and the parents have them and work with them the rest of the time. Something like this sounds intriguing.

11:46 PM, July 27, 2005  
Blogger Erin said...

Rene',

Here...I hope this helps! You have to find the section of your template that controls your blog header, and add the center commands on each side of what you want centered. From what I can tell, these are <-center-> at the beginning and <-/-center-> at the end. (Without the dashes...just ignore those!) My husband helped me do it...so I'm not the expert here!;o)

I tried to copy and paste what this section looks like from my template to give you an idea, but this screen won't allow me to post all the scripting language. I added the dashes to the commands I gave you so I could post this.

This section is a little ways down the template, and begins with "Blog Header" and ends with "End Blog Header". You should see your "Blog Title" and "Blog Description" in the middle of this...just decide what you want centered and put your commands on either side.

BTW...My husband and I have been presently living in kind of a temporary situation, but we are moving middle of August to an area just south of Tomball off of 249. Are you familiar with this area? That's pretty neat...I didn't realize you were so close. Texas is a big state after all!

12:39 AM, July 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home