Reflections on life, marriage, and purpose...by a young woman who is constantly learning how much there will always be to learn!


Monday, March 20, 2006

Hillbilly Housewife Goes Organic

Hillbilly Housewife has done some awesome posts lately on healthful budget eating (Some would say that's an oxymoron--I'm hoping to prove otherwise:o)

She writes:

What I discovered is that cooking for health and cooking for a budget are 2 entirely different cooking methods and bringing them together in a synergistic blend is a monumental challenge. Never one to avoid a challenge, this is my next great project.

Yay! As this is one of my great projects right now too, I am very excited to find someone else pursuing this same path. She's already a little further ahead than me. Read about her 4-week long experiment into buying organic foods.

Also, check out these sites she alerted me to: Food News & Pesticides Levels in common Produce. I was dismayed to discover that many of my favorite foods are at the top of the "bad list". Yikes! All the more reason to keep trying to find cheaper organic alternatives!

1 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

I don't shop at Walmart often, but following Maggie's advice, took a few minutes to look at its organic offerings. Wow! Walmart had frozen organic vegetables for just slightly more than regular and whole-wheat organic spaghetti noodles for 97 cents. Demand for organics there could really change the way America farms for our largest retailer.

7:25 PM, March 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home